This is an idea I had to control lights in my room. I like light when I am getting into the bed, but I hate getting up to turn off the light. With this system I can turn the light off without getting up. The only problem that I have is that I did not allow enough room for the infrared receiver to receive a signal from all angles.
Part I tutorial shows you:
- Common terms you may encounter
- How to use servos (continuous rotation and standard)
- How to use an Analog Infra-Red Ranging System
- How to use a Passive Infra-Red sensor
- How to make your own NiCd/NiMh battery charger (at your on risk)
- Pictures of how I assembled my robot
- Sample code, schematics, PCBs
9-10-2010 – Updated program added that is void of errors. I’m not sure what I was thinking 2 years ago.
11-11-2008 – Program for Picaxe chip and parts list posted. This is now a complete project! Enjoy.